• International Women's Day was observed across the world on 8 March 2016.
• Indian Railways is all set to set up a Special Railway Establishment for Strategic Technology and Holistic Advancement (SRESHTA).
• Oil Minister Lays Foundation Stone of Octomax Unit at Mathura (UP).
• Finance Minister of India Mr. Arun Jaitley has indicated that the Government may merge 27 public sector banks into just six.
• Google to sign up Telcom operators to provide internet to remote parts of the country.
• Popular Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani (45) died at a private hospital.
• The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has released a new four colour Classification Scheme for industries based on their pollution potential.
• Former world number one female tennis player Maria Sharapova (28) from Russia provisionally suspended after failing drugs test at Australian Open.
• Telangana and Maharashtra Governments have signed MoU to set up an inter-state water board construct 5 barrages across Godavari and Pen Ganga rivers.
• Indian Railways has formed a new Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to implement the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Bullet Train project.
• Sri Lankan Cricket Board (SLCB) constituted a new National Cricket Selection Panel headed by former cricketer Arvinda de Silva.
• Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched Mahila e-Haat portal in New Delhi.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has selected Nagepur village for adoption in his Varanasi Constituency of U.P. for development under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY).
• Renowned Dogri Poetess and writer Padma Sachdev has awarded prestigious Krutitava Smagra Samman 2015.
• Olympic champion Jason Kenny won the men’s sprint title at the track cycling world championships.