Weekly Current Affairs about the National, International, Banking, Business, Science & Technology, Appointments, Sports, Awards and Miscellaneous events were listed here for the candidates preparing for various competitive exams.
• Union Power Ministry named LED based Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme as UJALA.
• India and International Monetary Fund (IMF) have decided to set up South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Centre (SARTTC) in New Delhi.
• Free Wi- Fi service launched at Srinagar International Airport.
• Union Government mobilizes 370 Crore for Swachh Bharat Khosh.
• Ajit Singh & Satish Mittal sworn-in as Guwahati & Rajasthan High Court Chief Justice.
• Allahabad High Court celebrated its 150th foundation day today.
• BSNL jumps into Video-On-Demand Service,Partners with Tata Sky to provide Instant Videos.
• Government bans 350 drugs, including Phensedyl, Corex.
• Google’s AlphaGo scores a hattrick by beating champion Lee Sedol.
• India and United States have launched the Fulbright – Kalam Climate Fellowship.
• Kerala Tourism campaign wins Golden City Gate Award.
• Lt Gen N P S Hira has been appointed as Deputy Chief of Army Staff.
13th March 2016
• President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurates Festival of Innovations at Rashtrapati Bhavan today.
• Lok Sabha passes Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Bill, 2016
• Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launched the 'clean my coach' service.
• HDFC Bank has chosen five start-ups it will work with to strengthen their web, mobile and payment offerings.
• PSUs Spent Over Rs 2400 Crore In CSR In 2014- 15.
• Union Cabinet approves New price formula for Undeveloped Gas Discoveries.
• Tezpur University and JNU won the annual Visitor’s Awards for Central Universities.
• Long march against Indo-Bangladesh power plant near Sundarbans started.
• Kakrapar power station shuts down after leakage
• Jitu Rai wins gold at Shooting World Cup
• Vijender Singh clinches fourth successive professional win.
• Indian Railways signed Locomotives Export Contract with Myanmar Railways.
• Mexican Foreign Minister, Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas is arriving in New Delhi on two-day visit.
• The Union Government has appointed the former Supreme Court Judge Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan as the Chairman of 21st Law Commission of India.
• Kangana Ranaut becomes Reebok India’s brand ambassador.
• The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) said that Finland’s Tampere will host 2018 U-20 World Atheletics Championship.
• Tezpur University and JNU won the annual Visitor’s Awards for Central Universities.
• Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar launches Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariats interactive Web Portal.
• Rajya Sabha passed Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015.
• 34 Countries don’t have enough food for their people due to conflicts: UN.
• India will launch 25 foreign satellites belonging to seven countries.
• Haryana to organise National Level Freestyle Wrestling Championships on March 23 in Gurgaon.
• ICICI Bank launched a credit-linked subsidy scheme for home loans under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY).
• Veteran Egyptian diplomat Ahmed Abul Gheit (73) has been selected as Secretary General of the Arab League.
• NITI Aayog has launched the Women Transforming India initiative on 8th March.
• Union Cabinet approved MoU between India and Bahrain on Cooperation for Prevention of Human Trafficking.
• Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) for providing free of cost LPG (cooking Gas) connections to women from BPL Households approved by the Cabinet.
• Sir Dominic Asquith will be the new British High Commissioner in India.
• India-Indonesia Joint Training Exercise Garuda Shakti has begun at Magelang in Indonesia.
• S Rao will take over as the new public interest director and chairman of BSE.
• Indo-Pak World T20 clash shifted to Kolkata from Dharamsala.
• ISRO has successfully launched Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System.
• Eight times Grammy Award-winning Brazilian percussionist, Nana Vasconcelos (71) died in Recife, Brazil.
• Mahindra Aerospace aims to set up operations in the UAE in the near future.
• The RBI has signed a pact with Bank of Israel for exchange of information pertaining to banking supervision.
• The Dakshina Kannada Zilla Panchayat & Karnataka Horticulture Department will conduct a Honey Festival in Mangaluru on March 12 and 13.
• Rest of India defeated Mumbai by 4 wickets to lift the Irani Cup Cricket Title.
• PM’s Employment Generation Programme aims to create over 4 lakh jobs in 2016-17.
• Parliament has passed the Bureau of Indian Standards Bill 2015 with the Rajya Sabha. The Bill was passed by the Lok Sabha in last session.
• Germany to develop Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Coimbatore as smart cities.
• Parliament passes bill to enable govt. to standardize more products, Hallmarking of precious metals to be mandatory.
• UNFPA, UNICEF launched Global Programme to Accelerate Action to end Child Marriage.
• 57 countries are going to take part in the first Maritime India Summit 2016 scheduled to be held in April 2016 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• Sun Pharma Signs MS Dhoni As Brand Ambassador For Revital H.
• NTPC Bags Poll based Investor Communication Award.
• The President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee conferred the ‘Nari Shakti Puraskar-2015’.
• Iran’s Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) successfully test-fired two ballistic missiles in line with the country’s defence doctrine.
• The State Council of Secondary Education has made singing of National Anthem compulsory in all schools in West Bengal.
• India and Bangladesh signed 2 billion dollar credit agreement to implement socio-economic projects.
• Yes Bank launched an all Women operated bank branch ‘Yes Grace’ on Cunningham Road in Bengaluru aimed at offering customised banking solutions to Women.
• On International Women’s Day, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha announced that the nation will see its first batch of female fighter pilots on June 18 this year.
• Mahindra & Mahindra Chairman and Managing Director Anand Mahindra conferred with France’s highest civilian award.
• The Reserve Bank of India will share FDI-related information with country’s intelligence agencies IB and RAW to check black money from entering the country.
• Union Government announced to withdraw tax proposal on Employee Provident Fund.
• South Korean and US troops began their largest ever military exercises in a test of their defences against North Korea.
• Axis bank better placed than ICICI and other PSU Banks.
• National Special Olympic for Special Children being organised in Shimla.
• Amrita Patel awarded with Mahindra Samriddhi Krishi Shiromani Samman.
• Mikaela Shiffrin from the United States won the slalom competition of the Women’s Alpine Skiing World Cup.
• The Sex ratio has come down in Gujarat placing it at 22nd rank in the Nation.
• Fitch, the global rating agency has maintained India's growth forecast for India at 7.5 % for this fiscal (2015- 16).
• International Women's Day was observed across the world on 8 March 2016.
• Indian Railways is all set to set up a Special Railway Establishment for Strategic Technology and Holistic Advancement (SRESHTA).
• Oil Minister Lays Foundation Stone of Octomax Unit at Mathura (UP).
• Finance Minister of India Mr. Arun Jaitley has indicated that the Government may merge 27 public sector banks into just six.
• Google to sign up Telcom operators to provide internet to remote parts of the country.
• Popular Malayalam actor Kalabhavan Mani (45) died at a private hospital.
• The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has released a new four colour Classification Scheme for industries based on their pollution potential.
• Former world number one female tennis player Maria Sharapova (28) from Russia provisionally suspended after failing drugs test at Australian Open.
• Telangana and Maharashtra Governments have signed MoU to set up an inter-state water board construct 5 barrages across Godavari and Pen Ganga rivers.
• Indian Railways has formed a new Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) to implement the Mumbai-Ahmedabad High Speed Bullet Train project.
• Sri Lankan Cricket Board (SLCB) constituted a new National Cricket Selection Panel headed by former cricketer Arvinda de Silva.
• Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched Mahila e-Haat portal in New Delhi.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi has selected Nagepur village for adoption in his Varanasi Constituency of U.P. for development under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY).
• Renowned Dogri Poetess and writer Padma Sachdev has awarded prestigious Krutitava Smagra Samman 2015.
• Olympic champion Jason Kenny won the men’s sprint title at the track cycling world championships.